Tuesday, November 08, 2016

For What It's Worth


Here are some pretty flowers I just picked from my garden this morning. It is November 8th in Iowa. Wow.

Also, it is election day. I voted by mail a couple of weeks ago, so it's been over for me for a while. I'm sure nobody who knows me will be surprised by my vote. My mom raised me to be respectful and empathetic and come at the world with love. She would have been appalled at Trump. Also, if Trump wins, it will open the door for all kinds of reality TV stars to lead this country. Who will get elected next? Kim Kardashian? Flavor Flave? Honey Booboo? We are quickly becoming a country where the person who creates the most drama wins. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm hoping that people use their reasoning skills and choose someone who DOESN'T feel entitled to commit sexual assault against women just because they're famous and threaten to nuke anyone they find disagreeable and DOES show respect for other cultures, skin tones and religions. Here's hoping for a brighter tomorrow and an end to all of the blustering and bullying! Vote.

No comments: