Monday, May 10, 2021

Start Again in the Month of May, Come On and Blow the Wires Away

If I've learned one thing in my long life, it's that May is always a busy month. When the girls were younger, it was the end of the school year, and all of their activities were ending with parties and extra last meets/concerts/shows/games/whathaveyou. Now that my daughters are adults, John and I have bike races that we're putting on/racing in, and Mother's Day, and Coadster's birthday, and now Gus' birthday. So much STUFF.


 

This year for Mother's Day I bought myself a bench for our backyard. I've always wanted at least one. I'm trying to make our garden some kind of white trash fairy garden with pretty flowers and plants and shade, and all my metal and stone and wood and ceramic thingy's. Now, I can sit on my little bench and gaze out at my little, messy kingdom...That is, if I can find the damn time.

So, Mother's Day was very mellow. John went to his mom's for most of the morning, and Stinky went to see her grandmother. Since we celebrated my special f*cking day last week, this week I was able to go for a nice run, and putter about in the garden. Alone time, and puttering? What more could a girl want? I'm being serious here.
 

Hey there, sexy.
 

Today was Gus' first birthday. He has no idea that he was born in a pandemic and in a few short months, his life will look very different. I have been home for most of the time. I had to go back into work for a couple of weeks after the Derecho, since we had no electricity or internet, and then I went in every third week for a few months at the beginning of each semester, but in August we will have to head back full-time. Sigh. My fantasy has always been to work from home. Wait. Let me be more accurate. My fantasy since I was born, was to be able to afford to retire, but since that may never happen, my SECOND fantasy is to work from home. So, I did get to fulfill that on and off for almost a year and a half, and I'm grateful, but I'm also bitterly jealous of those people who, after the Pandemic,, will be able to work from home FOREVER. So much sighing.

Anyway, poor Gus gets lonely fast, even with two other cats, so I'm a little worried about how he'll be when I go back to work, and then if we go to California for two weeks in July, he could be really sad. Luckily, Stinky and sometimes her husband will be here , so he'll have some human contact...

I hope all y'all are handling the stress of busy May's and getting spoiled if you mother anyone or anything, because as we all know, that mothering shit is hard.

No comments: