Sunday, May 30, 2021

Oh, How We Danced and We Swallowed the Night, For it Was All Ripe For Dreaming

Oh my god, you guys! We are officially out of Iowa. We headed to Louisville Friday morning at what was supposed to be 7 o'clock, but turned out to be 7:45. Hey, that's pretty good for us.

Of course, there was supposed to be a chance of frost on Friday night. The ONE time in a year and a half that I go out of town, there's a chance of frost and I can't cover my warm weather plants. I worried about that a little, but I asked people on the Iowa City Gardeners Facebook site, and they said it didn't look it did freeze after all. I just hope my worries about Gus being without us for the first time in his little life will also be unfounded.

We stopped at Big Grove in Champaign, Illinois for lunch. It's about halfway to Louisville, and they have great drinks, and good food and they gave us ranch flavored popcorn (how Midwestern of them). Anyway, I had a Pear Rhubarb non-alcoholic cider with CBD in it. It was tasty as hell, and CBD tends to help with my migraines.


We got to Louisville closer to 6 pm, and headed out to find somewhere to eat. We are about a block away from tons of restaurants and bars, so it wasn't hard. There was a great taco place that had an hour and  half wait, but we figured it must be worth the wait, so we headed next door to the Prohibition bar and distillery and had a drink while we waited.

We finally got a text that our table was ready and we headed over.

You know what? It WAS worth the wait. The tacos were crazy different ideas. John had one with lobster, and mac and cheese. They also had great margaritas.

Our server was also a lot of fun. I loved her shirt. Who doesn't want someone to feed them tacos and tell them they're pretty?

On the way back to our place we noticed this bar that was also a dog park. We thought it was a brilliant idea, and since we were all missing our pets, we went in for one last one. Except me, I was definitely done drinking for the night.

We had to sign a bunch of different liability waivers, like we wouldn't sue the bar, we'd the sue the dog owner instead if we got bit. I'm sure the dog owners had to sign even more waivers.

What's a few signatures in order to hang out in an outdoor beer garden, surrounded by dogs, under a sign that says, "Fetch, Drink, Poop, Repeat"?

Coadster's boyfriend loves animals. He was so happy to pet all of these other dogs while he was missing his own.


Soooooo...Tacos, margaritas, dogs, and a fire pit. I can't think of a better first night anywhere.

No comments: