Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Just Remember, You're the One Thing I Can't Get enough Of.


Okay. I guess I'll dive back into the vacation posts and hope I finish writing about them by the end of this month.We'll see...


Now, where were we? Oh, yeah. We were in Page, Arizona.


Early on Friday morning, John got up to go for a run and checked out the Page Rim Trail that goes around the city.


He came back home to tell me about it and ask if I wanted to mountain bike there. Why, yes I did.


It was gorgeous and it was a little scary in a few spots, but not too bad overall. We didn't get to ride the whole thing, but we rode to the prettiest parts.


The whole reason we drove down to Page, was to go to Lower Antelope Canyon. I had seen photos of it, and it looked amazing.


I heard the tours filled up fast, so I made a reservation many, many, months ago. I had asked Coadster if she thought she would go on the trip with us, so I could include her, but at that time, she wasn't sure what she was doing, so I just made the reservations for me and John.


When she decided to go with us, the tour was already full, so she went to check out Horse Shoe Bend while we were at the canyon.


The tour was amazing. You can choose to do Upper or Lower Canyon. We chose the lower canyon, because it's twice as long as the upper and it required climbing up and down ladders, so there aren't as many people that want to do it. It was perfect for us.


The tour is on reservation land and the gentleman who owns the caverns, makes sure there are only so many people in them at a time, they are accompanied by a guide and those guides all have to be from the Navajo tribe.

Our little group of tourists was tons of fun.


They told us to set our iPhone settings to "vivid warm" to capture the best color of the canyon walls, even if it did make my skin look a little crispy sunburn fried.


John and I loved this tour. When we talk about our favorite days or favorite hikes on our trip, this one was on the top of both our lists.


We had to run out of there and head to Zion to get our canyoneering passes for the next morning, though. Good bye, Page. I hope to be back to visit very, very, soon.


We made it to Zion at right about 4 pm. We reserved a "glamping" site at the Ponderosa Zion Ranch.


It was much bigger than I thought it would be and it even had electricity. Check out that fancy chandelier.


The resort itself was very nice. It kind of reminded us of where the "Dirty Dancing" people stayed in the Catskills with all kinds of activities for adults and kids and two swimming pools, and two jacuzzis. The only negative thing I can say about it, is that the wifi didn't really work in our little tent, but who needs wifi when you're in paradise, right?

No comments: