Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Oh no. Not Me. We Never Lost Control.

Me pointing out one of the places where a bird shit on me. Nice.

Neither The Guy or I consider ourselves all that very social, but lately, our calendar has seemed extremely full. Last Wednesday we had our race, on Thursday The Guy went to his mom's house. (although, I did get some alone time Thursday night and brought home cheese fries from the Hilltop, drank a few beers and watched North By Northwest. Perfect) On Friday we left for TOMRV and stayed with Bry at our friend Timmer's, rode with a ton of people and then shared a hotel room with Bry on Saturday night. When we got home on Sunday, we were met by our friend's D. and G. with food they had cooked for us and the next night was the Monday night ride. Whew! It was all wonderful and I'm not complaining at all, but I was really happy when I talked to The Guy about what his plans were for the week and he said, " I don't know. A few quiet nights at home sound wonderful...."

So, last night we got home, both did a couple of chores, had veggie pizza burgers and soup for dinner, then sat out on the screened-in porch and drank wine and talked. We even got in an Andy Griffith episode before bed. So, yeah. I love all the active, social stuff we do, but it all makes me appreciate our, quiet evenings at home that much more.

5 comments:

silly rabbit said...

You two really have been busy in a very active way! Some nice evenings home being laid back sounds like a nice change. Enjoy!

laura b. said...

As we know, it is all about the balance. And I think you're really good at that...sounds like The Guy is too.

NoRegrets said...

Well, you're just storing up energy for the next time, which I'm sure will be very exciting!

rel said...

Churlita,
You've got the winning formula in your hot little hands my dear! :)
rel

Tara said...

It sounds like social life finds you and The Guy sometimes! That's awesome that you have friends who will actually meet you at home with food! :)