Monday, June 06, 2011

Hey, Babe. Let's Go Out Tonight.

Archie resting for those of us who are too stupid to do that on the weekends.

I had another glorious weekend. I got off early on Friday. I ran an errand or two and then took my bike to West Branch to ride the course I'm going to race this Wednesday. It was in the 90's and ridiculously windy. The Guy was great and printed out a map, because I am lousy about directions. I did the route, but it definitely kicked my ass. It's okay, though. Getting my ass kicked will only make me stronger, right?

After I got home, The Guy drove up just as Stinky and I were going to the store to get things for dinner. He asked me if I didn't think it would be better, if we sat in an air conditioned restaurant and let someone bring us food and cold beverages and if I would let him take me out to dinner. Um, yes I did and yes, I would. So, he took me out for tapas at Devotay, and it was lovely. We got home and sat on the porch, talking with Coadster, until we finally went to bed.

On Saturday I woke up to a migraine. The Guy was great and went and got us bagels and then drove me to the pharmacy the minute it opened so I could get my meds. In the past I would have done all of that myself, and it would have sucked, so it's nice to actually have help.

By 11, my migraine had calmed down and The Guy and I met some friends for a 50 mile bike ride. It was another windy warm day...Just not as bad as the day before.

We got home around 6'ish and watched a couple of Andy Griffith's. ate pizza and then watched The Awful Truth starring Cary Grant and Irene Dunne. it was great.

On Sunday, my head was all better. I got up and did some gardening and then we went on another bike ride. It was my third long ride in three days, but I felt pretty good for it. Only two days until my first bike race. I hope all this riding helps with that.

4 comments:

Ananda girl said...

Wow! Good luck with your race. Sounds like you are in shape for it.
A great weekend too. I'm glad you've got The Guy in your life. :)

rel said...

Churlita,
If you're not ready now, you never will be.
rel

Tara said...

Archie's just so adorable.

I like The Guy's thinking. I'd much rather have someone serve me food and drinks rather than deal with the grocery store on a hot day.

In fact if someone could do my grocery shopping for me, that would be amazing.

laura b. said...

I'm sorry about the migraine, but how wonderful to have help with all the things that don't care about your pain.

I'm looking forward to hearing about your first bike race! I feel sure you're more than ready :-)