Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Danke Schoen, Darling, Dunka Schoen. Thank You For All the Joy and Pain.


Welp, it's almost Thanksgiving. As soon as 4:30 rolls around, I'm off work for four whole days. Tomorrow I'll get up early to do what looks like will be a VERY muddy trail "race" with John and the girls. Then my daughters will head to their partners' families' Thanksgiving and John and I will spend the day cooking and cleaning and hanging out in a clean, quiet house until later in the evening when the kids and their partners come over for either a second meal, or just pumpkin cheesecake and a drink and things get rowdy.

As far as being thankful goes, I'm grateful every damn day for all of the things and pets and people and experiences and health I have. Yes, things have been tough lately, but not as tough as they've been in the past and I am in a much better place mentally and emotionally to deal with the crap that gets flung my way than I was in my twenties, thirties and even forties.

I hope everyone out there in blog world has tons of stuff to be thankful for as well...Even if it's just a couple of stinky, grouchy, old cats.

No comments: