Thursday, March 28, 2019

It's Stopped Rainin', Everybody's in a Play, And Don't You Know It's a Beautiful New Day. Hey, Hey


Okay, so it's officially Spring in Iowa. Besides the flooding and potholes, it also means lovely temperatures and EVERYBODY trying to finally get outside and walk dogs, play in parks, and ride bikes. In other words, Iowa really does feel like heaven.

Since it was in the 50's on Saturday, we got some friends together and rode 50 miles to Kalona and back. It felt great.


Much like the people, the animals were out playing as well. At one point we were riding past a barn with a rooster out front and some pigs behind a fence all wallowing in the warmth. Me being me, I started saying, "Hi, rooster! Hi pigs! You're such good pigs. I love you so much!" And at the last minute, I looked up to see an Amish family sitting in their yard and collectively rolling their eyes at me.

I imagined them saying, "White people...No, wait. WE'RE white people too."

"Okay, then. 'Mericans...Oops, we're 'Mericans too."

"Well, then. City folk...There. We can all roll our eyes at the annoying city folk antics."


I love the Amish parking lots, too. You don't see that every day in Iowa City.


By the time we hit Kalona, we were all hopped-up on endorphins. It was another one of those days where I played with friends outside all day and kept thinking, "I love my life!" And not in the sarcastic way, either.


We were supposed to be home around 5'ish, but we had friends meet us at Kalona Brewing Company for a very early dinner/late lunch, and we didn't get home until almost seven. Luckily, it wasn't dark then yet, but our cats were NOT happy, since they are supposed to get fed at five and usually whine so much that we feed them closer to four on the weekends. Bad humans.

I hope all of your Springs have sprung and that you are getting to play outside with your friends as well.


No comments: