Friday, March 22, 2019

And That's Why Birds Do It, Bees Do It, Even Educated Fleas Do It.


There is a big black and white cat that's been lurking around our backyard. I'm not sure if he's there to hunt all of the birds and squirrels who frolic there, or if he's there to taunt Archie. Either way, I thought I saw him back there out of the corner of my eye this morning. Because the movements were so fast and aggressive, I soon realized that it was really some ducks.

We live a few blocks away from the creek, so it was odd to see them back there. Then I realized that it was a full on three guys to one girl duck gang r*pe. I know it's just nature, but it made me so sad for the female.  She kept trying to fly away and they kept attacking her. It was probably stupid of me, but I pounded on the window to try and take their attention off of her so she could get away, but all that did was make them take their aggression outside my yard. It meant I  didn't have to see it then, so that was something.

This morning reminded me that along with the beautiful and hopeful parts of Spring, that this world isn't always all that kind to the females of a species. Sigh.

No comments: