Friday, February 15, 2019

You Have to Sleep Late When You Can. And All Your Bad Days Will End.


I had a really bad day on Wednesday. I have these days where I feel like my equilibrium is off, and I had that on Wednesday. Everything I said came out wrong and I hit my head once and my funny bone twice all on the same day. Lucky for me, I had some vacation time and the next day was supposed to be 40 degrees. So, I asked my boss if I could take the day off and MAN, was that the best idea I've had in a very long time.

When I woke up at 7:45, I remembered it was my mom's birthday. She would have been 87 years old. Weird to think.


Since I had had such a crappy day the day before, I decided to chill out and just do exactly what I wanted to do...For the most part.

That meant that I read an entire novel, the fourth in the "Tales of the City" series. It was perfect escapism and all that reading, gave the cats an excuse to lie all over me.


I waited a bit for the warm day to melt some of sheets of ice on the sidewalk, but then I put on my screw shoes and went out for a run.


The first mile or so, I was exhausted and I wasn't sure how far I'd be able to go, but then the endorphins kicked in and everything was wonderful. I even decided to extend my run and ended up going a little over seven miles.


At one point, I came across these snow hearts that someone made next to the sidewalk, So much love.

I got home and spent about an hour outside trying to get as much ice off of our driveway and sidewalks as possible before it froze back up when the wind shifted later in the day. I also did a bunch of laundry and tidied things up. I didn't really clean, I was just going for the appearance of clean. You know, my usual deal.


Since John's mom was finally able to move out of the rehab area and up to her regular room, John headed over there after work and helped her move back and get everything set up so she could function with her walker.

Stinky had to work at Micky's, but Coadster was free and we went to check out La Regia, a Mexican restaurant that gets rave reviews. I thought it might not be as busy as fancier places on Valentine's Day, but I was wrong. It was packed, but the service was good and they got our food out to us pretty quickly. I had the papas tacos and they were amazing.

So, my day off was everything I needed and coming back to work today was just fine. I love giving myself presents on Valentine's Day.

No comments: