Thursday, August 09, 2018

I've Got to Admit It's Getting Better. A Little Better All the Time


Well, I guess I suck at Blogging lately. As always, from now on, I'm going to try to be better. I still have to get my RAGBRAI photos together, so I'll just let you know what I've been doing since RAGBAI.

John caught a bad Summer cold pretty much the day after we got back from RAGBRAI, which I caught from him a few days later. It sucked. The only good thing about it was that I had an excuse to hang out on the screened-in porch drinking tea and reading until I fell asleep with a fat cat on my lap.


 As I started to get better, it was Archie's turn to feel crappy. Last Friday he had to go to the vet and get his teeth cleaned and also have some blood work done. His blood work all came back great, but he came back all messed-up. Poor guy. The vet assistant said that since Archie was so fat, they couldn't easily find a vein, so they had to shave his legs. I guess better them than me...She also said the procedure was harder for him too, since he was so big.

Anyway, he came back from the vet and was totally out of it and was just lying around the house not getting into any trouble at all. I knew he wasn't feeling well because he was so well behaved.


On Saturday, I still wasn't up for running or riding and it was really hot out, so John suggested we buy some inner tubes and go back to Manchester, so we could just float down the river for a few hours.


It was the best idea ever. We had such a blast, even after we made fun of the mural.


The river was full of families and kids and they were all so nice, even when I accidentally bumped into them when I couldn't control my tube in the rapids.

This was my view and it was amazing.


After we floated, we went across the street and checked out the Franklin Street Brewing Company.


It was so cool. The beer was good, the bartenders were fun and friendly, we had jalapeno cheese curds, they had board games to play and did I mention they had jalapeno cheese curds?


The next day Archie was finally feeling better. He could even jump on things without falling off of them. But his shaved arm still looks hilarious.


I spent a lot of time at home on Sunday, reading books, working in the garden and making tons of food.

Since it was still pretty warm out and I was feeling a lot better, but not enough better to ride very far, John and I rode bikes to the beach at Sand Lake and back.


The scenery was very nice there. Ahem.


We returned home and ate the food I made - tostadas with refried beans and pico de gallo salsa and guacamole.


Since I was finally feeling better, and John did such a good job of taking care of Archie and myself the past week, I asked him out on a date to St Burch Tavern for seafood and cocktails. We sat at the bar, which we like to do. Then we were going to go to the rooftop deck at Joe's Place, since we had never been there before.

So, I texted the girls to see if they wanted to join us. Stinky was just getting off work at Micky's. She asked me if I'd order her some cheese curds and she came to meet us at St Burch's.


We headed to the rooftop deck next and waited for Coadster to show up.


Before she got there, we encountered a sudden downpour and headed inside and downstairs.


Stinky suggested we play darts. Coadster finally got there and we commenced to playing. Which means that I commenced to losing.

We made it home before 9 o'clock, because we're old and need our sleep. Later I thanked John for sharing our date with my daughters and he told me he loved hanging out all together as a family. To which I said, "It's probably nice for you to have people to make fun of me with". To which he answered, "Duh."





1 comment:

Martha Peterson said...

This is a testimony that I will tell everyone in the world. i have been married for 4 years and on the fifth year of my marriage, another woman had a spell to take my lover away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 2 years until i meant a post where this man Zuma Zuk have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love Husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 48 hours as he have told me after doing everything he asked me to do, i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make everyone of you in similar case to meet with this man and have your marriage fixed His email: spiritualherbalisthealing@gmail.com whatsapp him on this +15068001647..... thank so much Zuma Zuk.