Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Tell Me Lies. Tell Me Sweet Little Lies.


Well, it's finally Winter here in Iowa and I am in need of some motivation to keep myself moving. I have always been good at building up my Winter pelt, but it's only December and already I have enough fat stores that I could sleep outside every night naked in -20 temperatures (sorry for the visual) and I'd be warm enough. So, I'm trying to whittle that pelt down, but, man is it hard to get up at 5 in the morning before work to make that happen.

I was trying to read books on the indoor bike trainer, but pedaling and holding a book gave me even worse posture than I already have, and the last thing I need is back problems, so I started doing something new today. I got out John's iPad and hooked up the HBOGO. Now, I pedal while watching the show "Big Little Lies', which is pretty damn good and full of beautiful, wealthy people in amazing beach front homes, but who have very many sad, little, secrets. My rule for myself, is that I can only watch the show when I'm riding the trainer, so now I am much more inclined to jump (er, closer to whining and hobbling) out of bed at 5 and get on the trainer. Believe me, I understand how lame it is to make deals with myself just to get my ass in gear, but I've never pretended not to be lame, right?

I'll let you know how it works...Or doesn't.

No comments: