Friday, December 22, 2017

Our Hearts Were Singing, It Felt Like Christmas Time


Welp, it looks like I didn't get around to blogging last or this week much, so this is from last weekend (Dec 9/10).

Last Saturday was colder around here, so we didn't ride outside. Instead, I did a little run and then jumped on the trainer for about an hour. I got some laundry done and tidied up, but didn't get any real work done on the house.


John and I planned a very early date night. Not just because we're old, (although, that is always part of it) but because we wanted to check out the new restaurant that is located on the top floor of a hotel and we wanted to be there for the sunset.


It was a damn good thing we were there so early too. There was some college football even going on and there were only a few tables left in the lounge part of the restaurant. I think we got the last available table. We had an excellent waiter and the food was really good too. I can't wait to go back in the Summer when we can hang out on the rooftop deck.


After we ate, we stepped outside and I noticed that we were right across the street from the new music building. The old music building got ruined in the flood of 2008. I asked John if he wanted to check it out and he was up for it.


It was pretty cool looking inside and I had fun taking weird/artsy photos of the place. It was a fun date night.


On that Sunday morning, we went mountain biking in Cedar Rapids with some friends. It was a little cooler than it had been, but we got warmed up after the first couple of miles.


We went to Shakepeare's for dinner and for some of our friends to watch their sportzball games. Stinky met us there and then She and I headed to Coralville to drive around their Christmas lights night. There were some crazy bright houses.

So, I will try to write about the last weekend's fun, before we get started on this long weekend's fun. If I don't get around to it, please every self a happy little holiday. If you don't celebrate anything, I hope you get to celebrate a long weekend. If you have to work this weekend, I hope you celebrate  yourself.

No comments: