Thursday, September 08, 2016

And You May Ask Yourself, Am I Right?...Am I Wrong?


Okay. So, I had a lovely three day weekend, but for some reason, I'm not getting around to writing about it. Maybe because it would mean posting a lot of photos and write, write, writing and I don't have that in me this week. Instead, I'm just going to do a little recovery documentation post.

This is how things are shaking out right now. I am 4 weeks out from surgery. Tomorrow I go see the radiation oncologist and then I'll decide whether I think the side effects are worth the benefit it will give me to do radiation treatments. I am officially done with the dominatrix bra. I still have to wear a sports type bra to sleep in for the next few weeks, but I can wear a regular bra out and about, which REALLY gives me more options with what I can wear to work now.

On the physical front, I ran over 3 miles on Sunday and part of it was on a trail with a really big hill. I could really feel it in my heart and lungs and it made me pretty tired, but I did it. On Monday, John and I mountain biked for over an hour. Again, it wasn't the fastest I've ever biked and I couldn't do the second part of the trails that we normally do, because I was exhausted from riding the bigger hills  on the first part, but I am working on getting my heart rate up at some point every day to help me get strong physically.


And so it is now, that I am settling into my post cancer life. Hopefully, it will be the only cancer I have to recover from in my lifetime. I got lucky and as I always seem to, I used this as another excuse to reevaluate my life and my choices. Am I doing anything different? I am trying to drink a little less alcohol, and rest more and stretch and do more core exercises. I want to take the time to do more creative projects, work on my home more, to make it an even better sanctuary than it already is, I eat well, but I am working on eating less (that's a tough one for me). As always, there are so many things to work on...

No comments: