Monday, August 29, 2016

I'd Like to be a Gallery. Put You All Inside My Show.


So, Kids...I promise I'm wrapping up the sick girl posts, but I'll probably ease out of them, like I do everything.


Yesterday, I touched on some of the things I actually could do during my recuperation. My lovely days usually started off with a nice walk, and then either peanut butter toast or yogurt and granola and berries and tea for breakfast while I caught up on the last two seasons of "Downton Abbey". Then I would generally go on the back porch and sit on my lounger chair and rest and read for a couple of hours.


If I felt strong enough, I would eat lunch and watch an episode of "House Hunters", before I tried to do a little project, like hanging laundry on the line or cleaning a room of the house that didn't require me to lift more than 10 lbs. Of course, that kind of activity would cause me some serious fatigue, so a nap/rest would be in order afterward.


Like I said, Stinky came over a few times, especially the week before I had to go back to work, and we had fun adventures and little hikes and we would laugh and laugh at her puppy's antics. At one point, we were walking on the bike path, past a sculpture garden, which Jaxson had never seen before and he flipped out. He growled and barked and ran away from the sculptures. I guess, everyone's a critic...


It's probably a good thing this deer wasn't on the path when Jaxson was along for the hike. The poor little guy would probably have had a coronary.


The last weekday of my recovery, Stinky came over after lunch and we got out the canvasses and paints and we drank lemonade and sang along to the Beatles Pandora radio station we listened to and yelled at Jaxson for stealing the sponge that Stinky was on her painting.


It was a beautiful way to spend the day.


These are our (almost) finished products. Stinky's is the one on top and mine is the one on the bottom, which is really just a background I will hopefully use that to paint a gigantic flower over. We'll see how long it takes me to finish it now that I'm working full time again...

No comments: