Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Well, Holy Moly, Me-O-My, You're the Apple of My Eye

Here are some bracelets they gave us at the sushi place we went to last night. If it weren't so blurry, it would be easier to see that The Guy's was a fake bug. I liked his best.

Our Valentine's Day was lovely. I'm not much of a celebrator of Hallmark holidays, but I'll take any excuse to go out for sushi. We had a great dinner and a wonderful talk about some of the issues both of us have that aren't always fun to deal with. (as far as I know, everyone in the world has some) There was no accusing and neither of us got defensive or shut-down. We both acknowledged our own shit and talked about ways to work on being healthier. How refreshing.

So, there were no candles, flowers or chocolates. Instead we had a frank and open talk about keeping things in our world as happy and healthy as possible, and a commitment to both work toward that end. What could be more romantic than that?

5 comments:

laura b. said...

That sounds like romance in all the right ways! Doing the work is hard, but incredibly rewarding.

SkylersDad said...

Sounds like a perfectly wonderful evening.

silly rabbit said...

I think that is a great way to do that holiday... making a relationship work the right way. What better time for that?

Tara said...

Sushi, mature communication and free bracelets - sounds like an amazing Valentine's Day to me! I want to reach that point someday with someone special.

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Hard work in a relationship does pay off.. It was still nice that you both had a good time and still felt that connection