Thursday, January 16, 2020

We Need Body Rockin', Not Perfection. Let Your Backbone Flip, But Don't Slip a Disc



Okay. So, today's end of 2019 post is all about my training/work-out stats. This is where I figure out how I wasted so much time "playing" during the year. Here we go.

Running:  I logged 402 miles of running, both on pavement and trails. It's not anywhere near as many miles as I used to run, but I do all kinds of other things now too.

Hiking/Walking: This is only the miles I logged on Map My Run, so it's mostly when I went out specifically to hike. 38 miles.

Canoeing:   I canoed 9 miles when we were in Page, Arizona. I hope to get more paddling in this Summer, but we'll see.



Cross Country Skiing: We didn't get much skiable snow around here last Winter, despite how damn cold it was. I got in 28.5 miles of skiing in .

Swimming:  I didn't swim as much as I should have last year, which was very evident with the sucky swim during my triathlon last June. I only got in 9 miles of swimming in. Another thing to work on this year.

Biking: This includes pretty much every form of cycling I did last year - commuting, mountain biking, racing, cyclocross, gravel, pavement and time trialing. I rode 4,202 last year. I can't remember what my biggest mileage ever was, but I'm sure this is nowhere near it. Again, I'll see what I can do this year.

I also lifted weights here and there, and tried to do some stretching. I didn't really record those kinds of work-outs because, frankly, I didn't do much of either. Again, you know the drill, I'll keep trying. That's the nice thing about documenting all of this stuff. It's interesting to go back and see the correlation between how I trained and what my race results were for any given year. But it's also nice to know that these things go up and down and as long as I don't beat myself up on the down years, I can keep trying harder the next year.

No comments: