Tuesday, December 31, 2019

All is Quiet on New Year's Day


Well, kids. You get two posts today. I'm just going to do a quick end of the year post after the book one. 2019 was the best of times and the worst of times. We'll still be dealing with some of the bullshit into 2020, but right now, we're still here and will hopefully all support each other as family and friends and deal with whatever other bullshit comes our way.

As always, I am hopeful and happy in general. I have the best partner in crime ever, who is always willing to work hard and play hard with me. My girls are healthy and working through their issues and I have the two biggest asshole cats that a girl could ever want.

Being in my mid-fifties now, I am FINALLY in a place where I don't feel all that sad or lonely or bad about myself in general (I'm sure we all have our days, though...). I appreciate all the best of times have to offer and I don't "get over" things, I work really hard through them. Denial has never been my friend, although he seems like a good idea at the time sometimes. It's the working that gets me through the bad shit.

Anyway, all the bad crap is just reminding me to be kinder, more compassionate and less judgmental. My latest mantras for the year are: "Be empathetic", "it is better to be kind than right" and "when in doubt, drink water". The water drinking thing is more about my physical health, than mental health and outlook, but I'm bad about keeping hydrated.

I hope your 2020 brings you happiness and joy and comfort and adventure and kindness and love. Happy New Year!

No comments: