Tuesday, November 14, 2017

That May be All I Need.


Oh, kids. I got a weekend. A WHOLE weekend where we didn't race or work on the course (except to put the last of the stakes in barrels and take them to their final resting place at the Johnson County Fairgrounds, but that only took 2 hours).

Anyway, so here's what I did on my lazy Sunday. I'm sure you're all waiting with bated breath. I woke up very late and then John and I watched some professional cyclocross races online. I also ate toast and drank tea and finished reading my book that was a novel about the beginning of the French Revolution.

I finally got my ass in gear and went out for a 3.5 mile run. I love running past that dragon. The first time I saw it, I was running in the morning and it was still dark and it scared the bejeebus out of me, but now that I know what it is, it makes me laugh every time.


I guess the real danger of me staying home on a weekend, is having time to indulge my passion of obsessively taking stupid pictures of my annoying cat.


Here's something that ought to put you off your breakfast, a morphed selfie of me and Archie. A veritable meeting of the empty minds.


I finally got around to making lunch and John thinks every meal is better if the food is hot enough to make him sweat. So, I cut up some jalapenos a friend of mine gave us from  her garden. It's kind of nice to still be eating garden food in November in Iowa.


I also got to work in the garden for a little bit on Sunday afternoon. I tore apart most of the flower garden in the easement. I ripped up the sunflower stalks and some other things from the garden and then put some in our compost bin and the rest in the yard waste can for the city to haul away. I still have a lot more to go with all of that, but it was a nice start.

Since my hands were freezing from working outside and the air is getting so dry around here, John and went to the gym. Not to work-out, mind you, but to sit in the steam room. It was lovely.


After our time at the gym not working-out, we decided to try a new restaurant on Melrose Street. It's called Maggie's Farm Pizza. the food was great and the ambiance is really nice. It was a great way to end my relaxing weekend. I can't wait for the next one.

No comments: