Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Come on and Cheer Until You Hear the Final Gun (or not)

Coadster as a football with the quarterback in 1992.

As most of you know, I'm not generally super into ball sports. But, I do live in a college town and I always want everyone to be happy, plus both my daughters work in bar/restaurants here where they make more money when we win. So, I'm usually very happy when the Hawkeyes are doing well.

This last Saturday may have been the only exception. We went to a restaurant where one of my daughter's works for dinner that night. We were enjoying our meal and were loving how happy everyone was when the Hawkeyes were stomping the Buckeyes. It's always fun to be somewhere where the whole crowd is passionate about the game...With one small exception. There was a couple sitting at the bar and when we got the first turnover, they high-five'd each other. After the second turnover, they hugged each other and then when we made the third turnover, they kissed. I just didn't know what to hope for. I wanted the Hawkeyes to continue doing well, but with how things were progressing, I didn't really think I wanted to see that couple having sex on the bar.

Luckily, John and I left before things got TOO passionate and the Hawks won. The perfect solution.

No comments: