Thursday, September 28, 2017

I Have to Sing About the Book I Read


When we were in Madison, I finished reading the novel I brought with, so on Friday night, John and I rode to a great independent book store, where I could pick up something else. You know, because I might just die if I don't have a book in hand to read at all times...

Anyway, while I was buying my book (Elena Ferrante's "My Brilliant Friend") I saw that they had "I read banned books" stickers for free at the desk. So, in honor of Banned Books Week, I slapped that puppy on the fender of my commuter bike and have been toodling around town brazenly announcing my habit of reading banned books ever since. I highly recommend that you all try to read some banned books when you get a chance as well (and ride your bike around town as often as possible). You all know that banned books are the best books. They wouldn't have anyone trying to ban them if they weren't full of sex and violence and radical political ideas...

No comments: