Tuesday, July 12, 2016

We Will Find You Acting on Your Best Behavior

Butterflies and moths love the Marigolds in our garden, hopefully the bugs and bunnies don't love them as much.

Hey! Since it's almost the middle of the month, I thought I might finally look at last month's stats. last month was kind of weird for me. Partly, because I actually got some house projects done, but also, I was recovering from being sick so much the month before and finally because I didn't read many books. I'll try to make up for that this month.

Miles Run: 42.5. I hope to get more miles in this month...

Miles Biked: 520. I FINALLY got some miles in this Summer. TOMROV definitely helped with that.

Miles Paddles: 8. I would like to start doing more and more of this as the years go on.

Races Done: 1. Yea!

Places Traveled to by car: 2. Maquoketa, Ia. for the adventure race and Bettendorf, Ia. to start TOMROV.

Towns Biked to: Many towns up and down the Mississippi River from Bettendorf to Galena and from Dubuque to Bettendorf. Riverside, Ia, Sutliff, Ia., and Solon, Ia.

Blog Posts Written: 14.

Books Read: 3. THREE!? That might be an all-time low. I blame it on the fact that I tried to read a 600 page historical novel in the Summer. I know better. I save those Russian novels and British Novels about the Tudor family for Winter, when what little attention span I have is available. So, the 3 books I read: 1. "All My Puny Sorrows" by Miriam Toews - such a great read. 2. "J" by Howard Jacobson. 3. "Wolf Hall", by Hilary Mantel.

House Projects - Woo hoo! I finally get to write something here besides "maybe next month". We got the popcorn ceiling scraped off and have started patching the ceiling. Outdoor projects include all the gardening and mowing and weeding. I still need to work on the backyard landscaping project I started a few years ago....Next month!

Drawing/Paintings - Nope.

Writing Projects - I don't have anything down on paper yet, but I have a lot going on in my brain right now...And if that doesn't scare you, nothing will.




No comments: