Monday, December 14, 2020

Follow Me in Merry Measure. While I Tell of Yule-tide Treasure

Hey, kids! We finally got some snow this weekend. It's been such a warm December so far. I'm not complaining, but it would be lovely to have a white Christmas, and I do love playing in the snow when it isn't too damn cold.


As you all probably know by now, I am an outdoorsy girl (old lady). Playing outside makes me happy and clears my foggy brain.


So, when John suggested we go for a snow hike in our local woodsy park, I was all for it. We had one of those heavy, wet snows that sticks to everything and makes the whole world seem frosted.


We wandered all around the park and saw so many sweet puppies running around like the happiest of fiends.


We also walked past the sledding hill, that I used to take my girls to when they were younger. Back then, I'd pile them up on a sled and pull them to the park. 


It was great to see so many families out playing in the snow. It felt like we were in a movie, or we had walked into a Norman Rockwell painting or something. I really do love that festive holiday shit.


I still wanted to get a run in. I love snow running almost as much as I love snow hiking. So, John and I headed to the car and went home, where I changed out of my snowy clothes into some clothes that were about to get snowy.



 Running on snow is at least twice the work-out running without the snow is, but I really love it. There's something about being out there, when almost no one else is running. I wear those old running shoes that John put screws on the bottom of to keep me from slipping and sliding.

When I was almost home, on the bike path behind our house, I saw this bench where someone had written I Heart U in the snow. It made me so happy. I love when people try to spread that love around...Especially right now when so many people are feeling isolated, and have people close to them dying from this pandemic. 'Tis the season to be empathetic and spread good cheer. Let's all do our equivalent of telling people we love them in the snow on benches this year.

No comments: