Friday, November 09, 2018

You May Find Yourself Living in a Shotgun Shack

So, Things are still crazy in my world. Now we have to buy a new toilet. I've never bought a toilet before. I am learning that there are more to toilets than I thought. Like you have to figure out if you want a dual flush or a soft close lid or if you want a self-cleaning one. It's bizarre to me. Why do they have to make everything so complicated? I just want a flushing toilet that works...And that's a little taller than the one we currently have. I swear if I have to get my knees replaced, it will be from trying to get up from our very short commode every damn day. Anyway, by the next time I write you, we should have a sparkling new toity and I will be the one cleaning it.

We also had the Pella door guy come and give us an estimate for our front door. Our current front door is not insulated and we probably lose way too much money from all the cold air that rushes through there every day in the winter.  Guess what the guy quoted us for a hung door (hee hee) and a storm door. Four THOUSAND dollars. What the hell? Is it made of gold? Guess what we're going to do? Get our door from someone else.

Have a great weekend and may your houses not need as much work as ours does.

No comments: