Wednesday, August 13, 2014

All It Takes Is a Rake and Hoe and Piece of Fertile Ground


















 Me: This is one of my favorite meals.

John: You do realize that you say that every meal, don't you?

Me: Okay. I guess what I'm really trying to say is, I love food very, very much.



































This year we expanded our garden and were able to grow a few more things and add areas that got more sunlight, so we were able to plant more stuff like pumpkins and zucchini with varying degrees of success. The pumpkins and zucchini flowered like crazy, but I never even saw the smallest of gourds/fruit/vegetables/whatever you call it. Sigh.



































I've been slowly but surely planting lilies and daisies, that come up every year...


















So our garden is starting to look a little on the feral side, which is just the way I like it. I plan to learn how to make chile rellenos with all my Poblano peppers and as much pesto sauce and de gallo salsa as I possibly can to get me through the Winter when all the produce will be grown on someone else's soil and won't contain all the love I put into my veggies.

No comments: