Saturday, January 15, 2022

Well Something's Lost, but Something's Gained, From Living Everyday

Apparently, I'm just going to keep posting photos of my renovated bathroom until I die. I went from being embarrassed for anyone to see my bathroom, to non-stop internet bragging. If you saw it in person, with all of it's weird patches on the wall and strange divots in the wood, you wouldn't think I had much to brag about, but when you have only one bathroom, and it's very small, and it's suddenly isn't gross anymore...Well, you might just want everyone that had to see it when it looked like shit, to get a gander at it now too.

It has been a tough week for me. Lot's of hormone issues. My sleep pattern looked like this: Exhausted all day, and then a half hour before I was supposed to go to bed, BOOM! I'm suddenly not tired and felt the need to go into every FB rabbit hole I could find. Then when I finally went to sleep, about a half hour or so into my happy sleep, I had a horrible hot flash, kicked off all of the covers and turned the fan on, then fell back to sleep, and once the hot flash was finally over, and I was all sweaty, the covers were off me, and the fan was pointing at me, I was FREEZING. I put the covers back on me, fell asleep, and started the whole process all over about an hour later. Lovely.

Needless to say, I was a real peach all week, and I didn't get much done. Sigh. 


I was so tired yesterday, that I kept hitting my head on everything. When that kind of thing happens, I like to say that my equilibrium is off. And then give myself all kinds of get of jail free cards, like telling John that we should just walk to Shakespeare's and let them cook for us, and we just drink beer and get hugs from our bear-like friend. 

I guess I'm finally admitting that I'm a person who wears glasses now, and doesn't take them off for pictures anymore. It's kind of freeing getting older and just saying eff it. I look how I look. I wear glasses, I'm overweight, I have wrinkles and my neck has its own personality now. Welcome to my fifties, bitches!


Gus has been a real pisser today. He's been hunting Heidi down, or waiting until she falls asleep and pouncing on her. Sure, it's better her than me, but I got annoyed and sent him downstairs and closed the door to the dormer room. Now, he is scratching at the door and making the saddest crying noises. Poor thing. I won't let him torture Heidi. I'm the worst human ever. Sorry, Gus. I raised two girls. I've heard it all before. That shit doesn't work on me.

Here's hoping for a wonderful MLK weekend, where I stop having hot flashes and my cats give us a break from their assholedness. I wish the same for all of you too, of course.
 

No comments: