Friday, January 28, 2022

Still It's a Real Good Bet, The Best Is Yet to Come

Well, kids. I caught a cold. I know. It feels so weird. I did a covid test and it was negative, so it really is just a cold. I haven't been sick in over two years. I almost forgot what it felt like, until I was so rudely reminded. So much sneezing, and Coughing, and blowing my nose, and hacking shit up, and then my ears got all clogged up, and I was dizzy and exhausted...Even more than usual. Before I took the Covid test, I looked up the difference between the Omicron variant, and a cold. They said the biggest difference was having night sweats with Omicron. Really? Then I could have had Omicron for the last several years.

It was horrible timing, what with our planned trip to Arkansas and all. I was in bad shape on Wednesday and Thursday, but I'm feeling much better today. Which means I'm not so dizzy I can't stand up, and I'm not hacking, and blowing my nose as much. I slept most of the way down to Arkansas. We stopped for lunch in Kansas City at a place called Martin City. We got mussels, and crab cakes and shrimp tacos and split it all. Everything was lovely. I still can't eat that much, because I can't taste the food as well as I can when I'm not sick, so I'm not quite as interested, but I did my damnedest.


We got to Bentonville right at 3,and we couldn't get into our AirBnB until 4, so we thought we'd check and see if I was strong enough to ride a little on the trails there. Bentonville is lousy with Walmart money, and I guess the Walmart boys like to mountain bike, so they made tons of cool trails all over town.


 
 
They also run through Crystal Bridges Museum's sculpture garden, and so we rode the easiest trails, and took many photos, as I am wont to do.


Come to find out, I was not very strong at all. I was getting winded riding up the slightest of hills, and my lungs were very angry with me. I was even slower than this stationary tortoise.


I loved this exhibit where they asked that you please do not touch...The balls. Heh heh.


We rode past a pig, back to our car to get settled into our place before dinner.



 We went to an early dinner at Table Mesa (table table?) and the food was lovely. We got some Ceviche, and margaritas to start off with, and then ordered the crab enchiladas, and spinach chile rellenos. It was all delicious, but our food came out about a second after we got our appetizer, which was poor form. Oh well, it could be worse. We could have waited forever for our food.

Let's see, great food, riding bikes around art, more great food, and margaritas? I think we covered most of our bases on this fifth wedding anniversary.

Funny thing: The gift your supposed to give people on their fifth anniversary is wood. Tee hee. Sure, diamonds and flowers are nice, but what straight girl doesn't want wood?

No comments: