Thursday, March 18, 2021

Try to Stay Healthy, Physical Fitness, Don't Want to Catch No Disease


 I have two health related things to discuss today.

First, I had my breast ultrasound on Tuesday, and I got the results back today. I got the all-clear. Yea! It will be 5 years since my lumpectomy in August, and I'm very happy that I haven't had any issues with my breasts since...Except those associated with the changes from perimenopause. Sigh.

The second is that, according to Iowa regulations, I am now eligible for a Covid vaccination. You just have to have a BMI of 25 or higher, and you can get one here. I've never been so excited to be overweight in my life. Double sigh.

Since there is no place that has the vaccine around here, I have a friend who told me about this thing on Twitter that notifies you what places have the vaccine, as soon as it's announced. A lot of the places are far away from me, and I can't justify driving 5 hours out and 5 hours back to NW Iowa just to get the vaccine. 

Since I don't have Twitter, this friend texted me a bunch of sites right as they were posted. Most of them were pretty far away, but there was a Hy-Vee in Ottumwa, which is just an hour and a half away from me. I went to the website and chose this Saturday, in the middle of the day for my appointment. Then it gave me a couple of pages of general information it wanted from me. After I filled it all out, it told me there were no longer vaccines available at their site. Crap! Of course, if you want a different time, it doesn't save the information you added. You just have to answer those two pages of questions all over again. Double crap! My friend told me that the trick was to get really fast at answering those questions, and to choose the latest date they offer. I still haven't gotten lucky with it, but I'll keep trying.

Word on the street, is that Iowa is getting 200,000 more doses in the next couple of weeks. Also, they are going to open up the vaccine for anyone who wants it on April 9th. It sounds like I might get REALLY good at answering a questionnaire over and over again...

Here's hoping an easy vaccine acquisition to all of you in the next couple of months. I know I can't wait for mine. Yea science!

1 comment:

curiosidades gospeis said...

Thank you for sharring