Friday, March 12, 2021

Just Move On Up, Toward Your Destination. Though You May Find, From Time to Time, Complication

Salud! to spring. Last weekend and most of this week has been wonderful. It was up to seventy degrees for a few days. We made the best of it on Saturday and went on a fun social ride with our friends. We rode about 28 miles, and stopped in the town of Hills to enjoy their beer garden. It has probably been a year and a half since I've been there.

When we got back to town, we headed to Shakespeare's for dinner. The snow finally melted off of their patio, so we could eat outside and best of all, they have their Lent menu up, which means tons of different seafood options. It's my favorite time of the year to eat at Sheaksepeare's.


Sunday was still pretty warm, but super windy. John and I just did a 25 mile ride. I was exhausted from working out way more than twice what I have been  during my Winter of migraines, and the wind was a bit much for me. So, we rode home and I got to work on planning this year's garden.

Even though my garden looked like the photo above last Sunday, most of that snow is finally gone almost a week later, and I'm going to try and plant some early season stuff like beets and lettuce and sugar snap peas this weekend. Yea!


I also finally got my seedlings planted. I decided to plant some kale this year, which turned into too much kale, so I'll be looking for people to take some of those seedlings. I planted two different kinds of tomatoes this year - Brandywine, and Beefsteak. We'll see how it all goes, and if Gus can learn to leave the seedlings alone. He already walked on some of the containers. I just hope he doesn't decide to eat them.


I was able to eat lunch and then work outside on the porch a couple of afternoons this week. It was heavenly. Since hardly anyone has come into the office, we were told we could work from home full time again. We're not sure when they'll have us all back into the office again. I'm assuming once we all have the chance to get vaccinated. I'm hoping that can be soon for me. So many people I know have had at least their first vaccination now. My mother-in-law "got" to shop for herself at an actual grocery store on Thursday. She loved having that freedom. Last January, who knew we'd think grocery shopping was some big freedom. I know I'm going to appreciate the hell out of it when I get vaccinated and can finally eat inside at a restaurant and go on a trip. Yea!



 Gus is going crazy now that he can go outside whenever he wants to, and the stupid humans finally made it warm out there for him. He got to do his favorite thing on Tuesday night, which is sit on his dad's lap out on the porch while we enjoyed our beverages.

I'm trying not to be too hopeful, because you never know what can happen, but right now it's warming up, and people are getting vaccinated, and life is getting closer to how it was. Is it possible that we may actually be able to take a deep breath, and exhale? Man, I hope so.

No comments: