Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Oh, It's Such a Perfect Day. I'm Glad I Spent it With You.


Our first full day in Moab was probably one of the best days of my life. Of course, there are many "one of the best days of my lifes", but this was among them.


We got up around 6 am because we had heard that the park would be crazy busy later in the day, and we wanted to hit Arches around 7:30.


John went for a run and got lost. He got back right about when we were supposed to leave and meet our friends, Chels and Burne.


He was kind of cranky about it the whole thing and told us to go without him. So, we did...And the park was so cool. There wasn't much hiking, but such beautiful views and we did get to climb around on rocks and in arches.


We picked up John and then headed for lunch at Moab Brewery. Our server was super cool and we talked to him about where we should go mountain biking.


Coadster had no interest in mountain biking, but she did want some time alone to work on her on-line Summer school course, so we left her at the room and headed the the Bar-M Ranch trails.


The trails were great for me, who is not good with the scary technical downhill stuff. Close to the end of the first trail we rode down, we found the actual Bar-M Ranch store fronts and played with some of the cut-outs and other goofy, touristy stuff. My favorite.


Fortunately for me, John is a good sport about all my dorkiness and even takes photos.


I didn't see a grindstone, so I sat anyway.


We went out for pasta for dinner. Coadster's favorite and then went to the Powerhouse swimming hole in Mill Creek.


 Word on the street is that this place got crazy crowded during the day, so we went closer to evening.


When we first got there, there were only two people there. A couple from Alberta, Canada and they were great. They told us the best place to jump from the waterfall and told us about the other cool places they'd been to in the U. S.


We headed home just as the sun was setting and it felt like we were in a movie.


The moon was going to be full the next day - my birthday, but it still rose loud and proud as we were getting ready for bed. We had to wake up at 5 a.m. the next day for my birthday hike at Canyonlands.

I think this covered all the bases for a perfect day.

No comments: