Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Let the Morning Time Drop All Its Petals on Me

Hey! Guess what? It's finally warm out again. Tuesday was almost 50 degrees, and since it was close to 50 below zero with the windchill just about a week ago, it feels like Spring...Hell, it feels like Summer.

I took a vacation day on Tuesday to bask in the warmth. I tried to go for a run, but I am fat, and I think I may have lost all of my muscle tone over the last few months. So, I mostly went for a walk. At one point, I was coming to this bridge on the bike path and I saw a bike leaned against it, and a woman lying on top of it. I asked her if she was okay.

"Yeah. I'm just out of shape," she said. Boy, do I get that. I almost asked her if she could move over, so I could lie down next to her.


The one thing I have been able to do this Winter, is Cross Country Ski. We almost never get a chance to ski that much in Iowa, and it has saved me during the pandemic. It's a nice, safe, socially distanced thing we can do with our friends. I love to play outside, and there are so many beautiful groomed trails for skiing around the Iowa City area.


 

Since we don't feel comfortable eating or drinking inside with our friends right now, we were thrilled to find out that Big Grove Brewery will light their fire pits, and we can hang out with our friends outside. The lowest temperature that we'll subject ourselves to, is about 20 degrees. 



 It feels great to have a safe, social life during the Winter. It keeps us from feeling so cooped-up and about ready to go all "Shining" on people.

I hope you all are getting a warm-up, and are staying safe and finding ways to be social during all of this. I also hope you don't have anyone in your houses saying, "Heeeeeere's Johnny!"

2 comments:

NoRegrets said...

Your version of fat...would be interesting to know.

Violet Payne said...

Thaanks for this blog post