Friday, April 10, 2020

Little Darling, It Feels Like Years Since It's Been Clear


Well, Kids, this weekend was so much more wonderful than the last few. That's right, I got to go outside and play for the first time in almost a month. I had that bad head cold for over three weeks, so I was very limited in what I could do.

Of course, I've lost all kinds of fitness, so I was doing everything very slowly, but it felt so good to move and to play outside.


 We were supposed to do a trail running race on Saturday, but it got changed because of Covid-19. It was now called a "run-in-place". You were supposed to run it away from others wherever was closest, and safest for you. We chose to run the route it was supposed to be. We went to Hickory Hill Park in the morning when there weren't many people out and about.

It was a lovely run. Since I hadn't done any exercising in almost a month, we went slowly and had fun with it. That run was just what I needed to get me back on track playing outside.



After we finished that run, we made plans to ride bikes. Again, I wasn't very strong, but the winds were from the North on Saturday, so we rode the hilliest route around us. I didn't ride very fast, and it was fine. It was very windy out. but I let John lead and shield me from the wind.

On Sunday we decided to ride the Lone Tree Loop, that is about 40 miles long. It is much flatter, thank Jeebus, and it wasn't quite as windy. There were a lot more people riding bikes on this route. There were much fewer cars, though. Mostly, we saw motorcycles and fancy old cars that people brought out and were parading around in the lovely weather.

We gave everyone we came in contact with a very wide berth. I felt a million times better after playing outside for two days straight, but MAN, were my legs sore for a couple of days after that.

This weekend looks a little colder with rain predicted for both days, but I'll figure out a way to get out and play. It's so good for my fragile sanity.

No comments: