Monday, April 13, 2020

Don't You Ever Feel Like You're a Rider on a Downbound Train

It was really nice out this day, and the window was open, and the cats were ever so happy.

 So, Hey! Guess what? On Saturday I went to the store and not only was there toilet paper, they had dish soap too. Neither was my normal brand, but I haven't seen toilet paper or dish soap for sale at the store in over a month.  A few months ago, I had no idea how exciting this would be. How long after this pandemic is over will we still appreciate something like this?

Also, am I the only one who watches movies where people are in big groups, and shaking hands and hugging others, and I scream in my head, "What are you doing? How irresponsible of you.".

I was laughing the other day that instead of being jealous of your friends who seem to always be posting on Facebook about taking trips to exotic places, now you can judge them for it and feel so much better about yourself. There's always an upside.


In the interest of not drinking WAY too much during this pandemic, I'm working on making Temperance cocktails, or Mocktails. A friend gave me this Seedlip stuff, that is a mixture of different infused spices, to use in place of vodka or whatever your alcohol of choice might be. So far I made a mockscow mule, and a tonic drink with lots of lime and a splash of cranberry, but not vodka. They were both very refreshing. I'm still drinking some alcohol, I just want to make sure that doesn't become a problem during these stressful times. After all, I'm already overeating enough to fulfill anyone's vice quota.


You know how I said John and I were watching at least one zombie movie a week during this pandemic? Well, a friend of ours recommended one called "Train to Busan". It's on Netflix, and it is my new favorite South Korean zombie apocalypse social statement movie ever. It's so stressful, that I told John I might actually have a heart attack before it was over. I'm sure you won't overlook a recommendation like that.

Lastly, this might be the first year that I almost forgot the Iowa City tornado anniversary. I guess all it takes is another tragedy to happen the same time of year, to take your mind off a thing.

No comments: