Thursday, January 30, 2020

I'm Worth a Million in Prizes


Well, I've been writing and looking back at last year lately on the blog, so I thought I'd do a quick and easy "get to know me lately' post. It will be like those little bios they do of celebrities about what they're reading, or eating or whatever...Except way more boring. Sounds great, huh? Anyway, here we go.

What Have I Been Reading Lately?: A lot of different stuff. I'll write a blog post on it soon, but I just finished that Jean Stein biography on Edie Sedgwick, which was fascinating. I couldn't put it down, but it sure made me glad I never had to hang out with her in person. Yeesh!


What Have I Been Doing for Exercise Lately?: The answer to that, is not too damn much. Like I said, I had a bad stomach flu last week, then my glasses broke (they're being held together with scotch tape, so I look super glamorous right now). I also hurt my back trying to open one of our old, wood, stubborn, windows so that Archie could get out on the back porch. Of course, the litter box was directly under the window, so I couldn't get a good angle in which to heave it up. So, I think I pulled a muscle in my back. If that was just one week in my mid-fifties, what will my mid-seventies look like?



What Am I Watching On TV?: That's a very 1980's way of putting that. A roaring twenties way to ask that is, What Series' Am I Streaming Lately?: We just finished watching "Fleabag" and it was delightful, in that very uncomfortable, hilarious, bittersweet way that it has. I really liked "The Morning Show" on Apple TV. If you try to watch it, get through the first couple of episodes before you judge it. It really picks up steam as it goes along. We're also still watching, "Shameless", the latest season of "Grace and Frankie", and "The Mandalorian". Seriously, the only reason why me or anyone else watches that show is because of baby Yoda. There isn't any other reason, but baby Yoda is a very good reason to watch it.

What Movies Am I Streaming Lately?:  Since I was sick for an entire week, there are a lot of them. My daughter is letting me log into her Disney Channel plus thingy. It is the BEST thing to have when you are sick. I watched the live action "Aladdin", "Captain America", and "Thor" on it. John and I also just watched "On the Basis of Sex", the movie about Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I love her so much, and that movie was very uplifting. The women of the US are very lucky she worked so hard for us.


What Am I Painting?: I just finished the above acrylic painting on the largest canvas I've ever painted. It's one of the first things I have painted that I actually like lately. It's called "Desert Flowers". I have never had any formal training in drawing or painting (I'm sure you can tell just by looking at my work). Mostly, I just look at other people's paintings or drawing and copy what I like of them, and leave out what I don't like. Obviously, I'm a fan of abstract paintings. I also like the colors in this one.


What Am I Eating?: The answer to that is usually everything in sight. Since I got sick, I'm trying to change the way and what I'm eating. Mostly, I'm trying to eat more slowly, take smaller bites and stop inhaling my food as much. I'm also fighting that struggle against eating so much sugar (the story of my life). While I did eat half a doughnut the other day, for the most part, I've been able to avoid too much processed sugar. I have honey in my tea, maple syrup in my oatmeal, and I eat an orange or a grapefruit for snacks in between meals. I know it's only been a couple of weeks and I could always relapse, but if you knew how much sugar I ate before this, you would be proud of me.

What Am I Listening To? "Come On Up to the House: Women Sing Waits". It's a bunch of women singing Tom Waits songs. If you are one of those people who have a hard time dealing with Tom Waits' voice, you will really love this. I'm also listening to Kendrick Lamar, and even some Billie Ellish.

Okay, that's probably enough about me. What are you all up to?

2 comments:

A said...

listening to come on up to the house now - that's what I'm up to....

Churls said...

Nice. Do you like it? I think it's amazing.