Thursday, September 02, 2010

Right Past the Fireflies That Sleep in My Heart

If you look closely, you'll see a double rainbow. Too bad it's set against the backdrop of the big scary maul.

Oh, but how I love standing on the precipice of a three day weekend. Actually, I'm off at noon tomorrow, so it will be a 3 1/2 day weekend.

I'm taking off early from work tomorrow to run and then drive to the Quad Cities to pick Stinky up from her uncle's visitation. She's going with her dad and Coadster. They're staying through Saturday for the funeral, but Stinky has that job at home football games that she can't get out of. We should be back in I.C by 6 or 7 if all goes well.

I'm not exactly sure what all I'm doing this weekend. Friday night and Saturday are a crap shoot (and let the crap shooting begin!) but Sunday evening I'm going on an extended bike ride and hopefully a fire down by the river. Hurray!

On Monday my siblings and their spawn are set to arrive. They'll stay through the afternoon and it will be good to see them all.

How about you all? What are your plans? Will you see fire and family?

7 comments:

Tara said...

I do see that double rainbow! I love spotting stuff like that! Great catch!

I love that we have a three day weekend. Then I have next week to work and then I'm off an entire week after that one. No solid plans yet, except for movies and shopping.

rel said...

Churlita,
Fire? yes
family? no :(
If the hurricane has any impact here we'll go to the manse for chores indoors.
rel

SkylersDad said...

we will be trying to catch up on things around our house, and try out a new rec center with Skyler that supposedly has a killer pool area!

laura b. said...

haha! Now I can't come upon the phrase "double rainbow" without thinking of that viral YouTube video :-)

Your Sunday sounds great! I have to work Saturday, but I still get a 2 day weekend, so yay!

Brando said...

I will be getting old.

Also, happened to watch Anderson Cooper the other night, and he made a reference to the Double-Rainbow guy on YouTube. I can't tell if the Internet is enhancing or destroying our civilization. Maybe a little of both.

booda baby said...

I'm just now recovering from too many bottles of Pinot, so it looks like tomorrow will be Thursday.

Double rainbow!! I think I'd be VERY excited. But I would NOT videotape it or release it in ANY way to youtube.

Ananda girl said...

Oh I love that photo! We began our weekend yakin with visiting family and next a football game. The rest is a crap shoot for us too... but sometimes the best times happen spur of the moment. Enjoy!

Sorry to hear about the girl's uncle though. My sincere sympathy.

How funny that my comment word was "yakin"!