Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feelin' Mighty Fine at This Time

Stinky at last week's game with some friends. They have theme nights at the games. Last week was gangsta night...You know, because we live in an over-educated college town in Iowa and there are so many gangstas here.

Sooo, I promise this is the last time I'll bore you with my computer stories. My internet was down again when I got home on Tuesday. It was raining again, and the minute it stopped, my computer started working. Weird. So, I kept the appointment with the cable guy today. He said that the connector outside was loose and old and the connector inside was so rusted, he didn't know how we had internet at all. I guess we'll see what happens next time it rains...

Coadster and a friend showcasing a dorm door before the engineer's ball. She's not in Iowa City anymore for sure. The dirty haired poets and philosophers here don't really have balls. (hee hee, balls).

Stinky's birthday dinner was very nice. She wanted to go for steak, so we went to a place where people not only served us red meat, but also line danced to country music...Um, at least the steak was good.

Looks like I'm random again today. I've suddenly rekindled my romance with my house lately. We had been going through a rough patch since last Spring. I still liked my house, but it was just getting so needy, you know? It seemed like every week there was something else with it. It had bugs, blah, blah, blah, it needed the mold scrubbed off of it, it was incessant about needing to be cleaned and painted and mowed. When really, all I wanted to do was go out and play. I just didn't have the time or energy to deal with it.

I'm not really sure when all that changed. Maybe it was when I had other people over for the art party. Everyone seemed to think my house was really cute. I guess I got a little jealous and started to look at it a differently too. It's been almost a week now, and we're back to appreciating each other again. I take it upon myself to make sure my house feels special. I'm staying home more often and keeping up with my cleaning and maintenance responsibilities...And all without the threat of couples' counseling.

5 comments:

rel said...

It's nice to have a congenial relationship with your house.

Tara said...

Steak sounds like a perfect birthday dinner! Line dancing sounds fun now that I'm not in high school where it was mandatory for some reason.

booda baby said...

Oh, I'm so happy you've rekindled the romance (at least from your end. I wouldn't be surprised if, having lured you back, the house was a little snippety for a bit.)

Any hippety-hop hipster gangsta 'hood shit coming out of Iowa cracks me up every time, too.

laura b. said...

Yeah, I'm trying to envision a gangsta themed event around here...that could only end badly
:-)
Glad to see that you and your house are close again. Sometimes you need a break to feel fully appreciative.

Pamela said...

Hm. I'm trying to imagine a service that would provide counseling to the owner and the house...