Saturday, November 15, 2008

Clowns to the Left of Me, Jokers to the Right

The Saturday Scavenger Hunt Word was chosen by K_Sara. She chose the word lacuna. Here's the definition for all you all: 1. An empty space or a missing part; a gap.

My first photo was from San Francisco when we walked from the financial district to Chinatown. The only real gap between buildings in the city are streets and alleys. That's the problem I've had when I lived in cities before - that space never seemed big enough for me.

Here's me walking through a downed tree in King's Canyon. The insides were gone, so we were able to walk through the missing part of the tree. It almost looks like a gigantic key hole, doesn't it?

Here is a row of fencing creating lacunae. Usually focusing on the absence of a thing can be bad, but with fences, the gaps can mean freedom.

6 comments:

Mrs. Hairy Woman said...

Nicely done.. I couldn't find any pictures.. so I used the word in my post..

rel said...

Churlita,
Every gap has a different meaning.
rel

Tara said...

That does look like a keyhole! Great job on the photos!

NoRegrets said...

Very nicely done!

k_sra said...

Oh you are clever to point out that lacuna is the only means of escape. Every city girl knows it, too! Awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Tera said...

Hmmm...interesting! And as always, nice photos! :)