Saturday, April 09, 2022

Look Out Honey, 'Cause I'm Using Technology

Well kids, it's been a rough Spring so far. I had a migraine for about two weeks. Some days were better than others, but it was a lot to deal with. Since I was in so much pain that I couldn't do much else, I watched some TV. I always say this, but I love TV. Not like TV was when we were growing up, where there were only four or five channels, and nobody could swear, and you had to watch commercials. I like TV the way it is now, where I can just buy the streaming services I want, I don't have to watch commercials, and there are tons of movies to watch as well as series TV.

1.) I'm sure it won't be big news to anyone but John and I are huge nerds. So, we've been happily watching the latest season of "Star Trek Discovery", which I feel has lost a bit of its punch from the first two seasons. Although, I've heard Stacy Abrams is in an episode or two, and I'm excited to see her. 

2.) We are also totally engrossed in the second season of "Picard". I was a little worried when they brought Q back, since I've always found him annoying. Of course, Q isn't half as annoying to me as Diana Troi, and she already made an appearance in the first season. So, I figured I might as well suck it up and just see where the show took us. Holy cow! am I glad I got past that initial Q appearance, because the first few episodes of this season have been so good. I'm really interested to see where they go from here.

 3.) I can watch some even cheesier stuff too. I watched "Indian Matchmaker" on Netflix. The whole first season was fascinating to me. Rich people have such different lives than I do.

 


4.) I have to say, I loved, loved, loved HBOMAX's "Somebody Somewhere". How often do you see shows where the main character is an overweight woman in her forties and she's not the butt of the show, and she's not suddenly going to lose a bunch of weight to be more attractive to men. I really did relate to Sam in this show. She lives in Kansas, which could easily have been Iowa, and she finds her friend family of lovable freaks, which is what I am always searching for, and thankfully have found in many places. I couldn't get enough of Joel. He was so sweet and spazzy and he made me fall in love with this show every episode. I hear they're doing a second season and I can't wait.

5.) I should probably put a couple of movies on here. As you know, I am never afraid to admit that I can like a mainstream feel-good hit...Especially when it has Ryan Reynolds in it. I thought "Free Guy" was a fun, escapist little movie. Sure Ryan Reynolds was just Ryan Reynolds again, but I was more than okay with that. What with pandemics and wars in the world, and with all the divide in our country, isn't nice to know that Ryan Reynolds is always going to be his charming, wise cracking self in a movie?

6.) We also watched "Death on the Nile". My mom was a big Agatha Christie fan, and so anything that is based on Agatha Christie's work, will always be nostalgic for me. This movie was rich, and pretty, and I hadn't read the book, so I didn't know who done it, until Poirot, laid it all out there in the end. Again, great escapism, greatly needed.

7.) I just this evening watched HBO's documentary about Tony Hawk. I thought it was well done. I am always interested in shows about counter movements, and skateboarding did ride right next to the punk scene, and the music in the documentary gives nods to that. I didn't know a ton about Tony Hawk before this documentary, so it was educational to me. Most of all, I could totally relate to being in my 50's and feeling all of the pain from my antics in my younger days. Sigh
 

 Okay, soooo. My migraine pain seems to be lifting a bit. I can only hope it gives me a break forever now, but if not, it's just a damn good thing that I don't mind watching shit on TV.

 

 

 

No comments: