Saturday, November 14, 2020

And You Can Send Me Dead Flowers Every Morning. Send Me Dead Flowers by the Mail.

So, let's see if t-Rump will follow his own advice from four years ago. I think it's embarrassing for him and his minions to not accept that he not only lost the popular vote , but the electoral college as well. Being the narcissist that he his, he has to make himself seem like a victim. Like Democrats just want him out of office. Do his followers really think that if the Democrats were able to cheat in an election, that they wouldn't make Moscow Mitch their first priority? He is at least as big a threat to our democracy as t-Rump is. Duh.


Anyway, we had a lovely warm-up for a at least a week, but then it got cold and rainy again, and my last withered garden bouquet has stood as a reminder of that for a little too long. You'll be happy to know that I finally threw out my dead flowers today, but not before I knocked it over and it spilled all over our table and our floor and I might have to now burn our kitchen down in order to get rid of that bad breath, two week old flower water smell from our house. Like I always say, it's hard to be me...But it's probably way harder to be John. Poor guy.


 

As the pandemic rages  across our country with our lame-ass governor making Iowa a hot spot, I'm trying hard to stay home and amuse myself as much as possible. We watched and loved "The Queen's Gambit" last week. Except, now John thinks he's going to teach me to play chess and that I'll be really good at it and love it as much as he does. Little does he know, that I tried to play a few times when I was younger and I sucked and I just don't have the attention span to do very well at it. I guess he'll just have to learn the hard way. Please refer to the paragraph above this one where I said, "poor John".

The other scary thing I've been doing while I am staying home and hopefully, saving lives is watching "The Gilmore Girls" and also reading "The Handmaid's Tale". Talk about a mind fuck. The combination of the two very differing societies and women's roles in them is almost like taking drugs...Maybe not even good drugs. Just ones that make you dizzy and confused and a little angsty. I'm not sure why I keep up with the combo, besides the fact that I started it, and then it was amusing before it got too weird. I can quit anytime I want, I just don't want to...

Anyway, stay safe, wear masks, don't go out in public if you don't have to, and try very hard not to watch "The Gilmore Girls" in conjunction with reading "The Handmaid's Tale". I care about all of you.

No comments: