Thursday, July 09, 2020

She'll Just Tell You That She Came in the Year of the Cat

This Emu has the same facial expression that I do lately.

So, wait. Do I have a blog? I thought I did, but then I haven't been here for a while, so who the hell knows.

Anyhoooooo. I am still  here, treading water like everyone else right now.  I haven't been writing, or even reading that much, which id weird for me, but I've been doing so many other things, I haven't had the time to relax and sit long enough, to read and write. As always, I will try to be better about that in the future.

I am VERY lucky that both John and I are working full time, and so far, we haven't been furloughed or been given pay cuts or haven't had to take unpaid time off. We're hoping that stays with the big number of cases there are in Iowa right now.


Even though we seem to live in a shit hole country right now as far as politics are concerned, I am hopeful more people will get out and vote this year, and we can turn things around and protect civil rights, the environment, and democracy in general.


The big news in our house right now, is that we are going to pick up our new kitten tomorrow! Both of our other cats are getting older, and we're worried that if one of them dies, the other will be pretty damn lonely, and we don't want that. Soooo, we are adding another little orange boy into our weird and chaotic family. We don't have a name for him yet. We want to meet him in person first to see who he is.

My friend, Julie lives in Newton and she is the best of the crazy cat ladies, and kitties seem to just know that about her, so the strays show up at her property, and she takes care of them and gets them to the vet, and our kitten's mom showed up pregnant. Soooo, John and I are both getting off work early to pick him up tomorrow, and then we'll start our week long birthday vacation at home. Yea!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Hey there from "Eclectic Spaghetti"! I have been loving your pictures of the new kitten on Instagram.

I'm trying to update my blog too, and unfortunately the bad things that have happened are the clearest. But it feels good to write again!

Stay safe and well!

Churls said...

That's so great! I'll check out your blog.