Thursday, February 13, 2020

I Was Following the Pack, All Swallowed in Their Coats. With Scarves of Red Tied 'Round Their Throats


It's the middle of February and very, very cold. It's not half as bad this Winter, as last year, so it's hard to complain too much. Plus, a couple of days ago I was running outside and felt the change. You know, like in August, when you notice the light starts to look different, and you know that means Fall is almost there? At some point in February, the air feels different, and the birds chirping gets louder and more varied. Those, my friends, are indicators that Spring isn't far away.

Last night my daughters came over and we did a little early Galentine's Day thing. I bought Happy Joe's taco pizza and we watched a girl movie and had a good talk. Of course, all of that mindful eating I've been trying to practice went right out the window, but it was so nice to hang with my girls...Especially, since Stinky is threatening to move to Des Moines sometime this Summer.

This cold snap is only supposed to last another day and we should be in the 40's again. Here's to waiting out Winter and spending your days with your favorite people and pets.

No comments: