Tuesday, October 29, 2019

We Could be Heroes Forever and Ever


Now that it's late October in our fair city, it's time to play a game. When I see someone wearing a cape, I have to guess whether they are dressing up for Halloween, or whether they are a theater major*.  The woman above is definitely a theater major, since she isn't wearing anything else that looks like a costume.

At the beginning of October, I saw a guy wearing a cape that didn't seem to be either. He was riding a skate board, without wearing a shirt on a cold day, with a cape that looked almost like an animal hide and carrying a large stick, as if it were a staff (sadly, I was on my bike, so I didn't get a photo of him). You might think that it was a costume, but other people have witnessed him in this get-up on other days, so I think that's just who he is - a man living his "Clan of the Cave Bear" superhero fantasy on wheels.

*If you were a theater major, you know what I mean...

No comments: