Friday, January 04, 2019

And I Have No Resolutions, For Self Assigned Penance, For Problems With Easy Solutions

Thanks to Burne Sippy for the photo.

Hey, kids. Things are still crazy in my world, so I haven't been able to write on here. I will keep trying.

I hope you all had a great New Year. Everyone has different experiences in different years, and I got lucky with last year. After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2016, and then my oldest daughter going off the rails trying to deal with her depression and anxiety issues in 2017, it was nice to have a pretty mellow year this time around. I guess the two last rougher years made me appreciate the less dramatic and stressful 2018 even more. If your year wasn't as mellow, I'm hoping for a much better year for you in 2019. As for me? I'll always hope and work for the best, and try to deal with the crap when it gets flung at me without losing my shit. Ahem.

I don't do resolutions, but every day, no matter what year it is, I'll try to drink more water, and less alcohol, move more and eat less, be better with money and try to buy less crap, play outside as much as possible, not let fear get in the way of trying new things, try live as sustainably as possible, keep away from people who aren't good for me, have as many adventures as possible, read as many books as possible, be as kind as possible, and most importantly, appreciate the hell out of the people I love. I know that's a lot, but it's all so important, and some days are easier to work on stuff than others.

I hope you all are able to live the best way possible for you. Happy New Year!

No comments: