Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas is coming. The Geese are Getting Fat...



So, we had another, wonderful, weekend. It was so nice and mellow, which doesn't make for an exciting blog post, but was just what I needed.

Originally, we were going to go to Wisconsin for a bike race, but John got injured and I wasn't all that strong. Plus, it being the weekend before Christmas, it didn't seem like the best idea. So, we stayed home and because it snowed so much and the wind chills were so ridiculously low, we were very glad we did.

What did we do instead? Not a hell of a whole lot.

On Saturday, I woke-up, read my book and drank tea, and went for a 5 mile run in the snow and slippery sidewalks. It wasn't horribly cold then, so it was a nice little run.

John went swimming laps, but I wasn't feeling super strong, so I stayed home and tidied up around the house a little.

It was a wonderful day. I made tempeh reubens and heated up soup for dinner and we watched the movie, "Hunt for the Wilder People", which was really good, if you like quirky New Zealand films.



On Sunday we swam laps and spent some time in the spa at the rec services building. Then we went to Kalona to meet some friends for lunch. Our friend Burne let me borrow his I-pass for our trip to DC. It's supposed to make life so much easier on the toll roads.

So, after our nice mellow weekend, my girls and I are going on a fun (hopefully) road trip to Washington DC tomorrow. I've got snacks and drinks and blankets and it looks like we''l be running from a Winter storm for most of tomorrow...

I'm just excited to take a trip over Christmas with my girls. I haven't been in a big city at Christmas since I lived in San Francisco in 1988. I will have John's laptop to use while we're gone, but I don't know if I'll have time to post. Apparently, there's a ton of stuff to do in our nation's capital. Luckily, the Trumps won't be there yet to defile everything yet. We'll get there just in the nick of time.

So, if I don't get a chance to blog, Happy Holdays! Have fun with whatever you celebrate and if you don't celebrate any holidays, I hope you get a couple of days off work out of the deal.












No comments: