Tuesday, May 12, 2015

And It Makes Me Feel So Fine I Can't Control My Brain

John pointing out the log that some people are supposed to ride. People who are not us, apparently.

 Things have been a little crazy here lately. Our condo fell though for our Chicago weekend, so we've been scrambling to find something last minute. We have one more expensive option so far, and are waiting to find out about a less expensive option. I'll keep you all posted when I find out for sure.

Now, back to last weekend: Friday was lovely. Coadster came to town. I went on a quick run after work and then we had one of Coadster's favorite meals: Garlic butter salmon, baked potatoes and corn. We sat on the porch and talked for a bit, then watched the movie, "Wild". I was the only one who had read the book, and we all agreed it was pretty good, just a bit confusing in parts if you haven't read the book.

Those long, skinny bridges scare the poop out of me.

 On Saturday, John went to work on the mountain bike trails. I wanted to help again, but we had way too much to do in our own yard. I told John that he should go clean-up the trails and I would mow and work on our yard and run some errands. Team work!

When he got back, we packed up the mountain bikes and headed to the trails in Cedar Rapids. We rode for about an hour and a half. I wasn't feeling the best, but riding my bike makes everything better.

The gnats are out now, so I have to remember to bring my Bug Soother, everywhere I go for the next couple of months.




Coadster got back from her history nerd trip to the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library around 7. We took her to Frida Kahlo's in Solon for dinner, because the food is pretty good and her boyfriend doesn't like Mexican food, so she doesn't get to go out for it very often.

What a great start to my Mother's Day weekend.

2 comments:

NoRegrets said...

I'm glad you are able to get out and about. Wish I could help with Chicago!

Churlita said...

Thanks, Nor. We have a place to stay now, it's just a little more pricey than we'd like. I'm ready to go and have fun tomorrow!