Thursday, January 28, 2021

I'm So Tired, And I Wish I Was the Moon Tonight

 

Well, kids. If I've been a little distant lately, it's because I seem to have had a two and a half month long migraine and it makes me super D-U-M. 

I have had a migraine-free day in there once or twice, but lately, it's just either migraine after migraine, or maybe it's one steady migraine that waxes and wanes, while I whine. Either way, I am so over it. 

In an attempt to be more positive, the snow and the full moon have been a really pretty combination lately...Except when I'm at work and every type of crazy person calls me, influenced by that same full moon,  and doesn't ever want to get off the phone with me. It could be worse, I could still be working in OB/Gyn and have to deal with those people in person, where they can see me, and I CAN'T dramatically pretend to pop my eyeballs out with spoons while they speak and flip them off through the phone. There's always a bright side to things, if you look hard enough.

Welcome to the nerdy part of this blog post. I have a thing for classic literature. Sure, I'll read almost anything, but in the Winter months, I love to sit down with a good classic novel and read about how attractive people were back then, depending on how many thousands of pounds they inherited. This month, it was "David Copperfield". I really loved it.

I come by nerdiness honestly. I was raised on "Masterpiece Theatre". Well, imagine how excited I was when I found out that HBOMAX has a bunch of BBC available. This past week, I watched the 1995 mini-series of "Pride and Prejudice". I have to say, Colin Firth makes the best Darcy in any adaptation, in both this mini-series AND "Bridget Jones's Diary". Meow!

I just started watching the 2006 mini-series of "Jane Eyre". It is dark as fu*k, so I can't devour it like I did "Pride and Prejudice", but it is still intriguing so far. Maggie Smith's son makes for a good Rochester too.


 Since we're on the subject of incredible leading men, it was our fourth wedding anniversary today. We didn't really do much for it. Even if there wasn't a pandemic, John had to go to the store for his mom after work, and I, you guessed it, had another migraine. Grrrrr. We did order a pizza and watch a few episodes of "The Sopranos", and some anniversaries are just going to be like that. Being the homebody I am, that's probably just as good a way as any to celebrate our anniversary for me. I'm hanging out with my best friend, watching New Jersey mobsters behaving badly, and feeling pretty damn good about myself in comparison.

So, I hope the full moon isn't making your lives hell, and you are able to appreciate its beauty. I also hope that you got to sit on your couch and eat pizza with your best friend, whether that be your husband, your friend from high school, your cat, or hell, even your vibr*tor, and watch a show that makes you feel better about yourself. Getting this close to the ass-end of Winter, what else can you ask for?

No comments: