Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Happy Holidays to You


Man, I had a bad week last week. The lens popped out of my reading glasses, and since I just got them about two months ago, I took them back to the eye glass place to see if they could fix them. While the woman was fixing them, she apparently broke the frames. So, then she had to order a warranty pair and I guess that will take a few weeks for me to get them. Now I'm back to wearing my old reading glasses and I'm doing a lot of squinting trying to read stuff at work. Pretty.

Then on Thursday I went into the dentist to get a crown. I really hate going to the dentist, because I have to pay someone money to hurt me. This time, I guess the dentist got confused and drilled the wrong tooth. So, he had to fix that mistake before he could even start on the right tooth. I will give him credit. He told me he made a mistake and apologized and all that jazz. My mouth was just even more sore than it usually is after having a crown. Like I said to someone else, at least he wasn't trying to amputate my leg.

So, because not just last week, but this whole year has kind of been a shit show, I've been making a big point to celebrate this holiday season. I've seen those people on Facebook who want to pretend that there is some imaginary war on Christmas and it just cracks me up. Listen, people, there are about 14 different holidays occurring this time of year, and after the way things are going, why wouldn't you want to celebrate every one of them? Seriously, I might have to sacrifice a goat or eat pig's blood or even worse, make crafts, or whatever other way anyone celebrates, but I am all up for partying anyway anyone wants to party. So, Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Goat Sacrificing Day (?), and most of all, Happy New Year!


Anyway, what my point started being, before it became a rant (as my points so often do), is that I've been going nuts celebrating the holidays this year. I got a real Christmas tree for the first time in years, John and I listened to a Charlie Brown Christmas while we wrapped presents last weekend, and I painted my own Christmas cards.

The only drag about making your own Christmas cards is that it takes a lot of time, so I only made 8 this year to send to immediate family. Then everyone else seemed to be getting in the spirit of the holidays, and we're getting tons of cards from friends and family, and the last couple of days people have been leaving gifts at our front door. We got nice, big coffee/tea mugs, a tea towel that says, "My cat would make a better president" (ha ha), and homemade baked goods, and candy. It's all so sweet and unexpected. I just feel bad that I can't reciprocate. I will make some Christmas hummus and drop some off at people's houses on Christmas Eve, but that's about all I can do, what with working, and not being able to run to different stores because of the pandemic.

 

Tomorrow is my  is my last day to work before I get a lovely four day Christmas weekend. I can't wait. I still have to bake and decorate sugar cookies on Christmas Eve (and make the Christmas hummus, of course), but other than that, my long weekend will consist of eating food and drinking grog, and watching movies and playing outside and enjoying the season. I hope you all are able to celebrate at LEAST 14 different holidays before the end of the year too.

1 comment:

silly rabbit said...

Merry Christmas! I’m glad you’re enjoying it, despite the put falls. I hope your joy and spirit carry you into 2021 and that the new year brings
Good memories and good times. I raise my glass to you. Cheers!
Your friend,
Silly Rabbit
=:]