Friday, October 09, 2020

Some Paintings Smell of Joy and Sweat

Damn it, kids! I suck at writing in my blog lately. One of these days, I really hope to get my $hit together and write a few times a week. Until then,you can count on getting these apologies and excuses, when I actually do write. Today, I'll just give you a quick recap of all of the fascinating things in my life the last few weeks.

I started working on the puzzle that John gave me for my birthday. I am an obsessor, so  I just had to work on that stupid thing instead of doing almost anything else. Who needs to eat or sleep or clean? I still haven't finished it, but I'm close, and now all that's left are the mud and dirt parts, and it's kind of boring.

I also took a vacation day to vote this week. It felt good to actually do something about our snake oil salesman in chief. I hope it works. Fingers crossed, and legs and eyes, and whatever else I can find to cross.


Let's see...Gus is getting bigger. He's still the sweetest boy, and he still drives the older cats crazy. We sure got lucky with this little lion cub.


I've been pretty migrainey the last couple of weeks, and that makes me stoooopid. Since I couldn't do much else, I decided to hang out on the back porch and draw and paint a couple of days ago. I'm trying to do simple abstract figure drawings. I'm pretty lame at it. If I ever get rich, I want to take a couple of art courses at the community college. For right now, I'll  just have to mess around and play, and do a LOT of erasing.


Ive been using water color paper to make cards. I'm not much of a buying cards kind of person. They seem expensive, and then what do you do with them? But I do love cards that people make for me. Those you can frame or stick on your refrigerator with a magnet. You all know how much I love refrigerator magnets...



 We're getting near the end of gardening season. The Dahlias, Marigolds, Pot Marigolds, Lavender, Zinnia's, Snap Dragons, and Amish Cockscomb are still putting on shows, but everything else is starting to get all rusty and brown. I did just buy some garlic and some tulip bulbs, so I can get those planted for Spring. That should be here before we know it, right?

So, Have a great weekend you all. Make sure to play outside as much as possible, eat good food, wear your mask, and vote. We can all work for change for the better.

No comments: