Friday, March 08, 2019

Spinning. I Feel Energy Bein' Pulled Off From All Sides. And It Feels Good. Like Relieving a Headache


So, this will be a pretty lame blog post, since I've been dealing with migraines, both big and small this week.  On the plus side, I'm hoping this is the last time I complain about the cold for a while...

Last weekend was full blown migraine weekend. I took my meds and they worked for a while here and there, but I couldn't really run or ride much. Heidi was pretty happy about it. She likes to snuggle while I lie around and drink tea and read.

I also got more done around the house than I normally do when I can go outside and play instead. I went through all of my drawers of clothes and got rid of anything I hadn't worn in a while. I had one bag for Goodwill and one for garbage. The clothes I kept I rolled up and arranged in my dresser. For the shirts, I had one row of work related shirts, one of bike racing shirts and one of the bigger t-shirts that I wear as jammie tops around the house. This week was great. I could just go to my drawer, grab what I needed without having to dig through and find the kind of shirt I wanted. I know it sounds silly, but I'm not very organized in general, so when I do get organized, it's like a revelation. We'll see how long this tidiness lasts.

I also finally planted my seedlings for the garden. It's still weird to me to think that at some point it will actually be warm enough to work the soil.

Anyway, I joked with John about how much I would get done around the house if I stopped working out. Of course, I'd be miserable, so he probably wouldn't want to live with me...


On Sunday night it was supposed to get below zero with the windchill. I was so over it, so I decided to pretend it was Summer outside. I made nachos for dinner with guacamole, salsa, and a beer.


We also watched "Jaws". I don't think we've seen it in a couple of years. There was something stupidly hopeful about watching a movie that takes place during The Fourth of July, right before another cold snap.


So, I'm hoping my migraines calm down soon. I will try to write more next week, as long as Archie stops trying to eat my pen. Damn cat.

No comments: