Wednesday, November 21, 2018

It's So Free, This Kind of Feeling. It's Like Life, It's so Appealing.


I normally don't do any of those "I'm grateful" posts around Thanksgiving, because I'm grateful for what I have everyday and I try hard to tell the people in my life how much I love them and how thankful I am for them as often as possible.

BUT! I feel like I should put this post in here because even though I tell him all the time, (no matter how annoying he may find that), I am so damn grateful to have John in my life.

My post yesterday about our house, would not have been the same had it not been for John. He bought into the mortgage so I didn't have to mow lawns and donate plasma on top of my full time job in order to be able to afford my mortgage.


He is also great at fixing things. I can fix things around the house if it's easy and things work exactly like the directions say they should, but I will never have an engineering degree. My brain doesn't work like that. I don't have patience for problem solving. If it doesn't work the way they say it's supposed to, I get frustrated and kick it and swear at it. Surprisingly (or not) that almost never helps the situation.

When we needed a new toilet, John researched it all (he is a huge lover of consumer reports), ordered the stuff, went to Marion and picked it up and THEN watched a Youtube video and installed the toilet. If I tried to do that, I'm sure our bathroom would be covered in waste from the toilet and somehow, water would shoot up to the ceiling from a pipe or something.

This is the first relationship I've been in when the other person worked as hard or harder than I did emotionally, communication wise and actual work/cleaning around the house wise. I fake complain about how lazy that is making me, but duh. It's kind of a nice problem to have.


I am so grateful that he likes to play outside as much as I do, and that when I'm not feeling all that great or have a migraine and am on meds for it and so I can't get my heart rate up like we normally do riding bikes or running, he suggests we go for a mellow hike instead.


And even though he rolls his eyes and scowls about it, he lets me stop and take way too many pictures of him when we're playing outside.


John is smart and fun and kind and generous and charmingly self-deprecating. Most importantly, he puts up with my orange cat, which, as you can see his a HUGE pain in the ass.

So, I hope you get to be around people who you are grateful for this long, holiday, weekend...And that you express your love of them every day of the year not just on Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I am so happy that you have John in your life. You deserve all of the great things that he does for you! Happy Thanksgiving!